SONG is a new generation gamma area monitor for gamma activity dose rate measurement. It can be installed in all facilities whereas continuous dose-rate detection is required. Due to its design, it can be installed both as a stand-alone unit or in connection with a complete Environmental Monitoring System.
Great attention was given to GMP installation in clean rooms; the device design allows installation without visible cables. This, together with the rounded shape and the absence of any recess, avoids dust deposit and allows great cleanliness.
The basic device configuration foresees a dual-microprocessor electronics, internal High Voltage generation, four relays output, RS485 ready protocol, three relays indicating the status of the device (good functioning, pre-alarm, alarm), an OLED display and an integrated energy compensated GM tube.
As an option it is possible to connect an external probe. Such external probe can be of two types: normal dose rate range (with a single energy compensated GM tube), or high dose rate range (with dual energy compensated internal GM probe). The normal range probe is ideal for all application such area monitoring in facilities, radiopharmacy, preparation room, etc, while the high range probe is ideal for applications such as cyclotron vault monitoring and installation inside hot cells.
Basic configuration details
- Dual-microprocessor electronics
- OLED display (128x 64 dots), for high visibility
- One internal Energy Compensated GM Tube for ambient dose rate measurement
- Four relays output for interfacing with external systems
- RS-485 communication port for connection to monitoring system software
- Three-color LEDs for system status
- Acoustic alarm signal
- Two configurable alarm threshold
- Password protected software
- Four selectable unit of measurement: cps, CPM, Sv/h, R/h
- Anodized aluminium enclosure
- Two microprocessor boards included as spare-parts f or fast replace and system recovery
- 24 Vdc Power supply included
- External remote probe with single Energy Compensated GM Tube ( Centronics ZP1201 or LND 71210)
- External remote probe with high-range measurement capability with DUAL Energy Compensated GM tubes (Centronics ZP1201 or LND 71210 + Centronics ZP1313 or LND 7149). This option is ideal for cyclotron and hot cell application
- On-board or remote three lights alarm tower
- Calibration certificate from accredited laboratory
- Detector: Halogen Quenched GM Tube - Centronics ZP1201 or LND 71210
- Radiation type: gamma
- Energy range: 50 keV – 1.5 MeV
- Energy Dependence: ± 15%
- Measurement range for SINGLE GAMMA PROBE: 0.1 μSv/h ÷ 10 mSv/h (0.01 mR/h ÷ 100 mR/h)
- Measurement range for DUAL GAMMA PROBE: 0.1 μSv/h ÷ 1 Sv/h (0.01 mR/h ÷ 100 R/h)
- Accuracy: ± 15%
- High Voltage: hardware settable, Typical 500V
- Display: 128x64 white OLED matrix. Long lasting and high visibility
- Factory Calibration sheet as per ISO9001
- Response time: 2 sec
- Alarm indication: three on board LEDs.
- GREEN LED: normal goof functioning status
- YELLOW LED: pre-alarm threshold overcome
- RED LED: alarm threshold overcome
- ACOUSTIC SIGNAL: alarm threshold overcome
- Faulty condition: all LEDs are off and faulty indication is displayed over OLED display
- Controls: alarm acknowledge (mutable acoustic signal), automatic restore of normal condition, high voltage control
- Output. 4 settable relays
- Communication protocol: RS485 with proprietary protocol
- Power: 110/230 Vac, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions and weight (without alarm column): 125 mm diameter x 60 mm depth, 1 kg.
- Operative Relative humidity range: 0 ÷ 90%
- Operative Temperature range: 0 ÷ 50 °C